Every year an estimated 40 million tonnes of WEEE scrap is discarded and this number is growing rapidly. Many WEEE items contain potentially harmful components such as lead and cadmium which makes it critical that they are recycled in an environmentally secure manner. The recycling of WEEE scrap is not only beneficial for the environment, it can also be a very lucrative area of recycling because it often contains precious metals such as gold, silver and copper.
We offer a range of shredders that are designed with WEEE recycling in mind, whether it is pre-shredding of large bulky items like refrigerators and televisions with our DGD twin shaft shredders, or fine granulation of high value electrical cable with our DGC/DGE/DGH granulators, we have the right solution.
We offer systems to handle the following materials:
- Large household appliances e.g. fridges, cookers, microwaves, washing machines and dishwashers
- Small household appliances e.g. vacuum cleaners, irons, toasters and clocks
- IT and telecommunications equipment – e.g. personal computers, copying equipment, telephones and pocket calculators
- Consumer equipment e.g. radios, televisions, hi-fi equipment, camcorders ad musical instruments
- Lighting equipment e.g. straight and compact fluorescent tubes and high intensity discharge lamps
- Electrical and electronic tools – e.g. drills, saws and sewing machines, electric lawnmowers
- Toys, leisure and sports equipment e.g. electric trains, games consoles and running machines
- Medical devices e.g. (non infected) dialysis machines, analysers, medical freezers and cardiology equipment
- Monitoring and control equipment e .g. smoke detectors, thermostats and heating regulators
- Automatic dispensers e.g. hot drinks dispensers and money dispensers